Email I received today. Seems appropriate considering the happenings in Ferguson.
The definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing.
Here are six Conundrums of socialism in the United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in
other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about -
yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in
the 21st Century.
Makes you wonder who is doing the math.
These three, short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our
current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few
lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions
of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
And here’s another one worth considering…
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run
out of money. How come we never hear about welfare or food stamps
running out of money? What’s interesting is the first group “worked
for” their money, but the second didn’t. Think about it…..
and Last but not least,
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our
military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but
we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.