Out of town for the long weekend so I won’t be posting until Sunday at best.
The worlds problems will travel with me but I am fairly whooped after the amnesty, Ferguson, Benghazi, Hagel, blah, blah, blah, cesspool that our fearless leaders keep us swimming in.
Golf and palm trees to reboot the soul.
Happy Thanksgiving, be safe, and remember who you are.by jeffli6 with 4 comments
Grandma’s Thanksgiving Invitation Letter
I’m not dead yet. Thanksgiving is still important to me. If being in my Last Will and Testament is important to you, then you might consider being with me for my favorite holiday.
Dinner is at 2:00.
Arrive late and you get what’s left over.
Last year, that moron Marshall fried a turkey in one of those contraptions and practically burned the deck off the house. This year, the only peanut oil used to make the meal will be from the secret scoop of peanut butter I add to the carrot soup.
Jonathan, your last new wife was an idiot. You don’t arrive at someone’s house on Thanksgiving needing to use the oven and the stove. Honest to God, I thought you might have learned after two wives – date them longer and save us all the agony of another divorce.
Now, the house rules are slightly different This year because I have decided that 47% of you don’t know how to take care of nice things. Paper plates and red Solo cups might be bad for the environment, but I’ll be gone soon and that will be your problem to deal with.
1. The University of Texas no longer plays Texas A&M. The television stays off during the meal.
2. The “no cans for kids” rule still exists. We are using 2 liter bottles because your children still open a third can before finishing the first two. Parents can fill a child’s cup when it is empty. All of the cups have names on them and I’ll be paying close attention to refills.
3. Chloe, last year we were at Trudy’s house and I looked the other way when your Jell-O salad showed up. This year, if Jell-O salad comes in the front door it will go right back out the back door with the garbage. Save yourself some time, honey. You’ve never been a good cook and you shouldn’t bring something that wiggles more than you. Buy something from the bakery.
4. Grandmothers give grandchildren cookies and candy. That is a fact of life. Your children can eat healthy at your home. At my home, they can eat whatever they like as long as they finish it.
5. I cook with bacon and bacon grease. That’s nothing new. Your being a vegetarian doesn’t change the fact that stuffing without bacon is like egg salad without eggs. Even the green bean casserole has a little bacon grease in it. That’s why it tastes so good. Not eating bacon is just not natural. And as far as being healthy… look at me. I’ve outlived almost everyone I know.
6. Salad at Thanksgiving is a waste of space.
7. I do not like cell phones. Leave them in the car.
8. I do not like video cameras. There will be 32 people here. I am sure you can capture lots of memories without the camera pointed at me.
9. Being a mother means you have to actually pay attention to the kids. I have nice things and I don’t put them away just because company is coming over. Mary, watch your kids and I’ll watch my things.
10. Rhonda, a cat that requires a shot twice a day is a cat that has lived too many lives. I think staying home to care for the cat is your way of letting me know that I have lived too many lives too. I can live with that. Can you?
11. Words mean things. I say what I mean. Let me repeat: You don’t need to bring anything means you don’t need to bring anything. And if I did tell you to bring something, bring it in the quantity I said. Really, this doesn’t have to be difficult.
12. Domino’s and cards are better than anything that requires a battery or an on/off switch. That was true when you were kids and it’s true now that you have kids.
13. Showing up for Thanksgiving guarantees presents at Christmas. Not showing up guarantees a card that may or may not be signed.
In memory of your Grandfather, the back fridge will be filled with beer. Drink until it is gone. I prefer wine anyway. But one from each family needs to be the designated driver.
I really mean all of the above.
Love You, Grandma.
by jeffli6 with no comments yet
But the Democratic Party would rather have a voter than a worker. And so what we have is not an immigration system, but a migration system.
Our immigration system made perfect sense back when we were opening factories everywhere. It made sense when new ranches needed hands and land needed working. It makes a lot less sense when the government is fighting a war on carbon, when ranches have to get out of the way of the spotted red toad and farms are starved of water in the name of the environment.
Declining industries tighten their belts by cutting costs. They find the cheapest employees they can. Those cheapest employees become a constituency for the nanny state. The nanny state makes it even more expensive to operate. The cycle spins on until the only industries left are state subsidized and everyone directly or indirectly works for the state. And the only items of collateral with which to borrow more money to subsidize them with are the land and the people. That’s not America. That’s Africa.
by jeffli6 with no comments yet
Immigration is not meant to serve American interests. America is meant to serve immigration. The end result of this immigration policy will be a stratified society with a permanent lower class and a thin upper class whose leftists can always start a riot by shouting about income equality without ever being able to offer it. Without social mobility what we will have left is social instability. There will be lots of young men with time on their hands to build bombs or throw stones. Keep Reading….
As is always the case, American intellectuals look over the sea and try to ape what’s going on in Europe. That means we get a defective form of the whatever trends are popular there. In America, where nationalism has always been mild and directed toward bland ends, the intellectual class is feverishly working to make US citizenship worthless. By flinging open the borders and bestowing special privileges on non-citizens, being an American suddenly becomes a sucker’s play.
Consider what the Emperor has decreed the other day. Foreigners who break American laws get treated different from Americans who break American law. An American who lies on a government form faces jail time. Foreigners now get to lie on those forms without consequence.
This is not just the immigration rackets. At the local level, illegal aliens get to drive drunk, assault citizensand commit theft through identity fraud. The states cannot deport these people and the Feds refuse to deport them. So why arrest them? If you are a local cop why would you invite all of these troubles into your life? You’re better off just letting the guy walk and never reporting it. Keep Reading…by jeffli6 with no comments yet
Obamas amnesty move was revenge for his parties drubbing in the mid-terms. A man that will ignore his oath of office and do irreparable damage to the country out of spite has the intelect of a spoiled child. Congressional leaders took an oath to defend the country and the constitution, and by virtue of Obamas temper tantrum, he is now a domestic enemy of America. Impeach him!
by jeffli6 with no comments yet
I have to give Obama credit for one thing; he has perfected the art of the master scam. When word first leaked that he planned to take executive action to grant amnesty to illegal aliens, he instantly angered Conservatives and gave millions of illegal aliens hope that soon they would be free of their illegal status and on their way to cheap citizenship. As time passed he gave little hints and alluded to a somewhat nebulous time frame for when his plan would be announced, effectively building suspense and anticipation. When the day finally arrived for the grand announcement the President made it with a primetime address to the nation, and as is the case with all things Obama, it turns out the whole thing is a scam intended to damage the Republicans that had just embarrassed him and to make his Latino supporters believe they had achieved their goals. Keep Reading….
Obamas infamous words on how to stop his lawless reign. We won.
With tonight’s amnesty, what good did the election do?
Now that Obama plans to unilaterally extend citizenship to the world, it will dawn on ordinary Americans (as currently defined) that there’s really nothing of value in American citizenship. After all, if a goatherd on the Eurasian steppe can get all the benefits of citizenship, just by winning the visa lottery, what’s the point in being a citizen of America? More important, why would anyone sacrifice anything for a country that treats its citizens so shabbily?
by jeffli6 with no comments yet
Of course most people will respond that there’s a difference between the government and the country. Bob Novak used to say, “I love my country, but hate my government.” That sounds good, but there’s no reason to think we will be getting a new government anytime soon. Americans will never revolt and the ruling class will not be deterred. The only logical alternative is to adopt the attitude of my interlocutor. We are men without countries, citizens of nowhere, loyalty to only ourselves. Keep Reading…..
… Perhaps, at first, prejudice, habit, shame or fear, principle or religion, would restrain the poor from attacking the rich, and the idle from usurping on the industrious; but the time would not be long before courage and enterprise would come, and pretexts be invented by degrees, to countenance the majority in dividing all the property among them, or at least, in sharing it equally with its present possessors. Debts would be abolished first; taxes laid heavy on the rich, and not at all on the others; and at last a downright equal division of every thing be demanded, and voted. What would be the consequence of this? The idle, the vicious, the intemperate, would rush into the utmost extravagance of debauchery, sell and spend all their share, and then demand a new division of those who purchased from them.
The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. If “Thou shalt not covet,” and “Thou shalt not steal,” were not commandments of Heaven, they must be made inviolable precepts in every society, before it can be civilized or made free.”
— John Adams, Defense of the Constitutions of Government of the United Statesby jeffli6 with no comments yet
The top House Republicans who oversee immigration policy called President Obama’s expected action this week to grant temporary amnesty to illegal immigrants a “slap in the face to the American people and the Constitution” in a letter sent Wednesday.
Judiciary Committee Chairman Robert W. Goodlatte and Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul sent the president the letter to register their objections and pleading with him to work with them instead on legislation.
“Let’s secure the border, enforce our immigration laws in the interior of the United States, and build a broad consensus for immigration reform,” the two said. “Otherwise, as the chairmen of the committees with oversight over border security and our nation’s immigration laws, we will be forced to use the tools afforded to Congress by the Constitution to stop your administration from successfully carrying out your plan.”
The two chairmen didn’t say what tools they have — and most analysts say that short of a difficult fight over canceling funding for the president’s favored projects, Congress is toothless. The courts, meanwhile, have been reluctant to referee these disputes.
So there you have it. Obama gets his revenge and there is nothing they can do about it. Impeachment is the only way…..I’m sorry.
by jeffli6 with 4 comments